Worship at High Street Road & St John’s Uniting Churches.
For most of 2020 our worship was online, and we gathered virtually. We still use video to film our services and they are accessible at any time. But now that restrictions have eased, we are gathering face to face within a Covid Safe environment. You will find our service times here.
WHAT WILL OUR WORSHIP LOOK LIKE IN A COVID SAFE ENVIRONMENT?
Worship may seem quite different, because our priority must be to keep everyone safe. However, with more restrictions being relaxed, it is wonderful to see each other face-to-face, to sit in our sacred spaces and to worship God and pray in community once again.
However, we are bound by law to meet the following Government requirements:
- Please sanitise your hands upon entry
- All those attending worship must be checked in electronically using the Services Victoria QR Code Application. Each of our churches has its own specific QR Code displayed at its entrances and can be scanned using the camera on your smartphone or electronic tablet. If you do not have a smartphone, are unsure of how to use it for scanning, or are otherwise unable to use this method, please ask for assistance. There will be someone available to help you. We ask that everyone come fifteen minutes early for Covid processing.
- Enter through the back door at HSRUC and the front door NEXT TO THE CHAPEL at St John’s.
- The capacity for both our churches is limited according to the size of each and we ask those attending to please be mindful of social distancing whenever possible.
- There can now be congregational singing and from time to time we will have a small Covid Safe choir, socially distanced from the congregation.
- Masks are no longer compulsory, but we ask you to be mindful of the need to protect our vulnerable members if you are experiencing any symptoms of a respiratory infection.
- Although no food, drink or utensils can be shared, Holy Communion can now be celebrated in a Covid Safe way and we may now also gather for a cuppa after the service using Covid-safe practices.
- For enquiries about services, contact St John’s via email, email@example.com or call (9888 2295) during office hours. For for HSR, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (9887 8239) during office hours.
You will need to be patient with us as this is a big learning process for everyone – even though our restrictions are gradually easing, there are still processes we must follow to ensure safety for the wider community.
WHAT HASN’T CHANGED?
Coronavirus has changed everything for everyone! Churches are no different! But what we believe hasn’t changed. How we serve and care hasn’t changed. Seeking God’s Kingdom of love, hope, peace, justice and joy remains the compass point to which we are heading. So if you are thinking about visiting us, we understand that coming to a new church or coming to church at all, can be a bit daunting. Will I be welcome? Will I know what to do? Be assured that there will always be a friend to show you the ropes or to ensure that you are settled in a quiet space if you are seeking peace and tranquillity.
WHAT WILL YOUR WORSHIP EXPERIENCE BE LIKE?
Our worship, be it face to face or virtual, transitions between traditional and contemporary and runs for about an hour. We enjoy Christian music and songs where the message is relevant to our lives and faith but where old favourites still have an important part to play. When our ministers Julie and Semisi speak to us, they seek to uncover how the Biblical story is connected to our stories. Hence, we discover how relevant the Scriptures are to our lives and the world beyond us. We have some fine musicians and drama forms an important part of our worship from time to time – especially at Christmas!
After worship we can once again share morning tea in our Fellowship Areas or in the lovely, adjacent courtyards if the weather is fine.